If you are looking for details related to how SFRLC handles patient health information you may find it here.
What non-personal data does SFRLC collect from the people that visit this Website?
Whenever you access this Website via personal computer or mobile device such as an iPad or smart phone (“Computer”), technical information of a non-personal nature is automatically exchanged between your Computer and the server where the Website is hosted. In the course of this exchange, the following information may be collected and logged by the server:
- the date and time of access;
- the domain name of your Internet service provider (ISP);
- the Internet Protocol address (or IP address) of your Computer;
- the type, version number, and certain configuration details of the browser you are using to access the Website;
- the operating system of the Computer upon which your browser is installed;
- the screen resolution and color depth of your Computer’s monitor;
- the geographical location of your Computer;
- the method by which you came to the Website (whether it be by typing the URL directly into the address bar of your browser, by clicking on an external referring link, or by performing a keyword search in a search engine); and/or
- the pages of the Website visited by you and the amount of time spent on each.
- This information is entirely anonymous in nature, and SFRLC cannot and does not obtain your email address or other identifying information automatically simply by your accessing the Website.
SFRLC uses the anonymous user information gathered in this manner for internal purposes only, primarily in order to track the number and origin of visitors to the Website, to monitor visitor usage of the Website, and to help SFRLC determine how the Website may be improved in order to better serve our visitors.
What personal information does SFRLC collect from the people that visit this Website?
When contacting or registering on this Website, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your name, email address, phone number or other details to help you with your experience.
When does SFRLC collect information?
SFRLC collects information from you when you subscribe to a newsletter, fill out a form or enter information on this Website.
How does SFRLC use your information?
SFRLC may use the information collected from you when you register, sign up for a newsletter, make a purchase, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf this Website, or use certain other site features on this Website in the following ways:
- To personalize your experience on this Website and to allow SFRLC to deliver the type of content in which you are most interested.
- To send periodic emails about SFRLC.
- To follow up with a user after correspondence (live chat, email or phone inquiries).
How does SFRLC protect your information?
- SFRLC uses malware and vulnerability scanning.
Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential.
Does SFRLC use ‘cookies’?
Yes. Cookies are small files that a site or its service provider transfers to your computer’s hard drive through your Web browser (if you allow) that enables this Website’s or service provider’s systems to recognize your browser and capture and remember certain information. They are also used to help SFRLC understand your preferences based on previous or current site activity, which enables SFRLC to provide you with improved products and services.
- Understand and save user’s preferences for future visits to this Website.
- Compile aggregate data about Website traffic and Website interactions in order to offer better Website experiences and tools in the future. SFRLC may also use trusted third-party services that track this information.
You can choose to have your Computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser settings. Since each browser is a little different, look at your browser’s Help Menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies.
If you turn cookies off, some of the features that make your site experience more efficient may not function properly.
SFRLC does not sell or trade your Personally Identifiable Information. This does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist SFRLC in operating this Website, conducting SFRLC business, or serving our users, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. SFRLC may also release information when its release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce site policies, or protect SFRLC or others’ rights, property or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Occasionally, at SFRLC's discretion, SFRLC may include or offer third-party products or services on this Website, which may include links to the websites of such third parties. These third-party websites have separate and independent privacy policies. SFRLC therefore has no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked websites. Nonetheless, SFRLC seeks to protect the integrity of this Website and welcomes any feedback about these linked websites.
SFRLC has implemented the following:
- Google Analytics Demographics and Interests Reporting
SFRLC, along with third-party vendors such as Google use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookies) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) or other third-party identifiers together to compile data regarding user interactions with ad impressions and other ad service functions as they relate to this Website.
For more information about Google Analytics data privacy and security: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245
Users of this Website can set preferences for how Google advertises to you using the Google Ad Settings page. Alternatively, you can opt out by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative Opt Out page or by using the Google Analytics Opt Out Browser add on.
California Online Privacy Protection Act
According to CalOPPA, SFRLC agrees to the following:
Can change your personal information:
- By emailing us
How does this site handle Do Not Track signals?
SFRLC honors Do Not Track signals and Do Not Track, plant cookies, or use advertising when a Do Not Track (DNT) browser mechanism is in place.
COPPA (Children Online Privacy Protection Act)
SFRLC does not specifically market to children under the age of 13 years old.
When it comes to the collection of personal information from children under the age of 13 years old, the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) puts parents in control. The Federal Trade Commission, United States’ consumer protection agency, enforces the COPPA Rule, which spells out what operators of websites and online services must do to protect children’s privacy and safety online.
Fair Information Practices
The Fair Information Practices Principles form the backbone of privacy law in the United States and the concepts they include have played a significant role in the development of data protection laws around the globe. Understanding the Fair Information Practice Principles and how they should be implemented is critical to comply with the various privacy laws that protect personal information.
In order to be in line with Fair Information Practices SFRLC will take the following responsive action, should a data breach occur:
SFRLC will notify you via email
- Within 7 business days
SFRLC will notify the users via in-site notification
- Within 7 business days
SFRLC also agrees to the Individual Redress Principle which requires that individuals have the right to legally pursue enforceable rights against data collectors and processors who fail to adhere to the law. This principle requires not only that individuals have enforceable rights against data users, but also that individuals have recourse to courts or government agencies to investigate and/or prosecute non-compliance by data processors.
CAN SPAM Act
The CAN-SPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out tough penalties for violations.
SFRLC collects your email address in order to:
- Send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions
To be in accordance with CANSPAM, SFRLC agrees to the following:
- Not use false or misleading subjects or email addresses.
- Identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way.
- Include the physical address of the business or site headquarters.
- Monitor third-party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used.
- Honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly.
- Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email.
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can email SFRLC at: firstname.lastname@example.org
St. Francis Reflections Lifestage Care
1250-B Grumman Place
Titusville, Florida 32780