Five Wishes Simplifies Advance Care Planning
At St. Francis, we are here to help uplift your life with care, compassion and important resources. Talk to your loved ones TODAY about what matters most.
Advance care planning can be an emotional subject, so the time to have these conversations with the people who mean the most to you is before a medical crisis. Recognizing the current climate in our healthcare system and the reality of the COVID-19 pandemic, it is more important than ever to consider your end-of-life care wishes and share those wishes with your loved ones.
Consider Using Five Wishes®
Five Wishes® is an easy-to-use legal-document template written in simple language that helps you plan, document and communicate how you want to be cared for if you become seriously ill. It helps you express your desires in personal, spiritual, medical and legal matters and meets the legal requirements for an advance directive in 42 states, including Florida.
More than 35 million families have used Five Wishes to capture their wishes. Five Wishes has changed the way we talk about advance care planning by ensuring that it is not just an end of life planning tool, but the beginning of an important family conversation.
Care Wherever You Need It
Five Wishes provides a simple, organized way to help you make your wishes known by designating:
- Who would make your healthcare decisions if you are unable to do so?
- What kind of medical care would you want or not want if faced with a serious illness?
- What type of pain control do you want and when should it be administered?
- What comfort measures will be important to you at the end of life?
Hospice care from St. Francis Reflections Lifestage Care can be delivered in a private home, a nursing home, an assisted living facility, our inpatient facility, and sometimes in the hospital setting.
An advance directive is a written statement that describes your wishes, preferences, and choices regarding end-of-life healthcare decisions. It is a tool that can help you think through and communicate your choices so they’re accessible to loved ones, caregivers and medical providers in the event that you’re unable to speak for yourself.
- It’s written in everyday language, making it easy to understand and complete.
- It covers personal, spiritual, medical and legal wishes all in one document.
- It allows your family or caregiver to know exactly what you want, relieving them from the difficult position of guessing your wishes.
To learn more about Five Wishes® or to schedule a presentation about advance care planning for your group or community, please contact our Professional Outreach Department via email at POC@ReflectionsLSC.com or call our main number 321-269-4240 and ask to speak with a Professional Outreach Coordinator.